- 8 oz. gluten-free pasta (I used brown rice pasta)
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for a few hours (you can also pour boiling water over them and let them sit for ~45 minutes if you're time-crunched)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp onions, chopped
- 2 tsp smoked sea salt, or more to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, drain the cashews and discard the water. In a high-speed blender, blend together the cashews, water, garlic, coconut milk, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, paprika, onions, and smoked sea salt until it becomes a creamy consistency.
- Pour over pasta and mix until pasta is fully coated.
- Add roasted vegetables (optional, but encouraged!) and enjoy!