To celebrate March and all things green, I thought I'd share my new favorite hot beverage- a Matcha Tea Latte! Not only does matcha tea contain high amounts of antioxidants, amino acids, and chlorophyll, but it also contains the amino acid L-theanine. L-theanine increases serotonin, dopamine, GABA and glycine levels in the brain, and also has a relaxing effect on the mind and body. Here's how you can make your own matcha latte at home!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any other unsweetened plant-based milk)
- 1-2 tsp. matcha green tea powder
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. honey, maple syrup, or coconut sugar to taste
- Heat the almond milk on the stovetop. Combine the other ingredients to the milk and continue to heat until the coconut oil is dissolved and melted.
- In a high-speed blender, blend to combine all ingredients for 45 seconds to 1 minute or until frothy.