These one-bowl meals have been making me swoon lately. Especially since the weather has been 105 degrees out here in the Tri-Valley, it's easy to eat watermelon 24/7. Luckily, this solves the problem when you come back from the pool and don't have much energy to cook an entire dinner. One-bowl meals are the perfect combination of complex carbohydrates, healthy fats and protein.
The garam masala roasted chickpeas add a unique flavor, and these can be used for tasty on-the-go snacks as well. You can purchase garam masala at your local Indian store.
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garam masala (or more, if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Using a paper towel or cloth, blot dry and remove outer skins
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle garam masala, coating evenly
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.