If you search the internet, there are a dozen recipes called "The BEST Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies." So that's why I renamed mine to be "EPIC." Now they stand out from the rest. And yes, they are epic.
- 1/2 c. organic coconut oil
- 1 c. brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1/4 c. almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. organic vanilla extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 10 oz. (1 bag) vegan chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the coconut oil and sugar together until well-blended. Add the almond milk and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough into rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the baking sheet or parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool one minute on cookie sheets, then transfer to a cooling rack. Sprinkle with sea salt crystals if desired. ENJOY!